- You are Here:
- Pahrump Valley Fire & Rescue
- Residential Burn Permits
Residential Burn Permits
DO’s for Residential Burning:
•Burning is allowed between 08:00 am to 16:00 pm Weekdays, and 08:00 am to 12:00 pm on Weekends
•Burning must be constantly attended by an adult, with water hose near by at all times
•Burn pile sizes must be no larger than 3’x6’ and you are only allowed to burn one pile at a time. The burn pile must be at least 20' from the nearest structure.
•Yard waste burning is restricted to natural vegetation generated only on your property and includes grass, tree limbs, branches, leaves, tumbleweeds, pine cones and similar items.
DON’T’s for Residential Burning:
•The burning of any trash or waste materials, in any quantity, is strictly prohibited. It is unlawful to burn any combustible and noncombustible waste materials such as paper, rags, cartons, tin cans, metals, mineral matter, food, garbage, construction debris, discarded furniture and tires.
•No accelerants may be utilized to start a fire. Such prohibited accelerants include gasoline, diesel fuel, or any other type of flammable liquid.
•No burning allowed when the winds exceed 5 mph or on Legal Holidays.
To apply for a burn permit:
- You must be the owner of the property and provide a copy of your Home Owners Insurance and a copy of your driver's license.
- Before conducting the burn, you must call in and leave a message with your permit number, property address and type of burn. Please check the weather prior to burning. Please call in on the DAY of the burn, everyday you intend to burn.
- No fires will be permitted on any public or private street, or within the right-of-way of a public or private street.
- PVFR Burn Permit Application
This does not contain all of the rules and requirements for residential burning.
For more information, reference Pahrump Town Ordinance #28