Pahrump Fire Rescue serves the community from 4 stations which are strategically located throughout the town and responds to over 11,000 calls per year. The Town of Pahrump is located 55 miles west of Las Vegas, in Nye County, and serves a diverse population base of approximately 50,000 residents.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Physically and mentally fit to perform vigorous basic skill requirements.
- Applicants are not eligible to apply if they have been convicted of a felony.
- Must possess a Nevada Firefighter 1 or IFSAC certification, including HazMat Operations & Awareness.
- Must possess a current NREMT Advanced EMT or Paramedic.
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certification no more than 6 months old.
- Candidates must be in excellent physical condition.
- Employment is contingent upon the results of a Live Scan, background investigation and drug/alcohol screening.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Negotiated as part of the collective bargaining process.
- Step (merit) Increase- awarded on the anniversary date of hire, up to range maximum.
- The Town of Pahrump offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Comprehensive group health insurance plan
- Dental, vision, and life insurance options
- Vacation, Sick leave, and excellent retirement benefits
- Uniform Allowance
- Deferred Compensation
- Pahrump Firefighters work a modified Kelly schedule with a 56-hour work week. All positions require the ability to work 24-hour shifts; including evenings, holidays and weekends. Work schedules may occasionally require more than a 24-hour shift to ensure adequate shift coverage.