- You are Here:
- Health & Human Services
- Senior Services
Social Security comes out the last Tuesday of every month from 9 a.m. until the last person is helped. If you are a Veteran and in need of housing help please contact:
Michael Goldberg, Families Outreach Specialist
Email Michael Goldberg
Lindy Cooksey, Families Coordinator
Email Lindy Cooksey
Pahrump Senior Center Services
The Pahrump Senior Center is a Non-Profit organization providing nutrition, socialization, and transportation to the seniors of Pahrump. All services are provided through grants and donation.
- Nutrition Services Ages 60 plus
- In center lunch Monday through Friday for average of 100 seniors per day
- Meals on wheels delivered to approximately 130 home bound seniors. Seven meals per week per senior
- Albertson's fresh rescue program which gives u.s. “almost out of date" groceries (produce, deli. Bread, fresh flowers, bakery, eggs and much more). We send these items to the meals on wheels folks in addition to their weekly meals. We also use some of these items to give away at our congregate lunch in the center daily
- Nutrition bus- pick up seniors 60 plus years at home and bring to the senior center for socializing and lunch. Return home after lunch. A donation of $2 round trip is suggested.
- Local transportation for seniors 60+ years. Rides provided to medical appointments, shopping and personal needs (Banking, hair salon, etc.) a donation of $8 round trip is suggested.
- Shopping days are Tuesday for the south and Thursday for the north 8 a.m. to noon. Donation of $8 is suggested.
- Transportation into Las Vegas Tuesday and Thursday. For medical appointments only for seniors 60+years. Donation of $20 round trip is suggested
- Transportation for dialysis patients 60 plus years, Monday, Wednesday, Friday to local dialysis center donation of $8 round trip is suggested.
- Special charters available for community organizations when possible.
- Sightseeing excursions, one day and overnights to Laughlin, Northern Nevada, Zion Park and many other destinations
Drivers are trained in CPR- substance abuse awareness- elder abuse awareness
report welfare check issues to the proper agencies
Special Events & Services
- Exercise class (low impact stretches) 4 days a week
- Free Blood Pressure and Glucose Level Checks Monthly
- Free haircuts for seniors
- Free locally sponsored Legal Aid- Stovall and Associates
- Representatives from Sh.I.P. And Humana, Senior Dimensions, Monthly
- Free seminars- Diabetes. Alzheimer's, Prostate and many others
- Free craft classes sponsored by volunteers
- Beading Classes Sponsored by Beading Hearts Group
- Bridge Club, Poker
Blind Support Group
- Walmart Wednesday (bus leaves the center at 9.30 a.m. for those seniors who can't get to Walmart on their own)
- Provide medical equipment at no charge (wheelchairs, walkers.
- Potty and shower chairs, canes)
- Monthly Grief Support Meetings
- Shadow Mountain Players Meetings
- Republican Woman Meetings
- Holiday Special Events:
- Easter Bonnet Parade
- Halloween Costume Party
- Memorial Day
- St. Patrick's Day
- Many More